Drunken Archers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TACTICS for War Victory

3 posters

Go down

TACTICS for War Victory Empty TACTICS for War Victory

Post by boet Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Right now, DF's strength for winning Clan Wars is our activity/participation - everyone in DA is active and attacking/contributing to strategy, etc. during the preparation and battle days.

We are going to maintain this strength - but we are also going to develop all of our Drunken Warriors through honing combat & defense skills with threads like these.  Then we'll become UNSTOPPABLE! affraid 

We need to open up some discussion for war attack tactics.  We're struggling in a few areas:

• Selecting your target
  • Building your army to defeat that target
  • Luring CC and heroes
  • Attack tactics

Last edited by boet on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:31 am; edited 4 times in total
boet
boet
Admin

https://dadf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TACTICS for War Victory Empty Re: TACTICS for War Victory

Post by boet Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:08 pm

I'm gonna start with a couple basic things.

Arrow The best approach to defeating an enemy war base is broken down into two parts in this order
1. Scouting a war base to determine if you can make an army capable of defeating it
2. Taking what you know about the base you've scouted and training your army customized to attack that war base

The opposite of this would be making a standard army and then trying to give a shot at attacking a base.  I feel like a lot of our players are doing this and only coming up with 1 star because we don't take the time to scout, figure out if you can 2-3 star someone, and making the right army for the job.

Arrow Battle Time: Lure the Clan Castle (CC) and Trigger their Heroes
Here is a vid with good execution for Luring CC's and Heroes

A few points for luring CC troops:
  • When scouting your target, select the CC to determine it's range
  • Next look at what buildings are in range of the CC radius
  • If those buildings are resource buildings/collectors - you can take Gobbies to lure the CC which is great since they only take up 1 army camp space each
  • If the CC radius is burried behind walls you'll have to use Wall Breakers or Hogs to lure the CC (remember to distract defenses with some barbs or something so that your Wall Breakers don't die before bringing down the wall
  • If those buildings within the CC radius are defense buildings, you can make a Giant or two to lure the CC
  • If I'm lucky enough to attack someone with a CC that is not central in their War Base then I just use barbarians to lure the CC
  • Remember to have a troop "buffer" ready to KILL the enemy CC troops once you've lured them out of the CC
  • It doesn't matter how you do it, JUST GET IT DONE BEFORE YOU DEPLOY YOUR ARMY

Last edited by boet on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
boet
boet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonriley2011 Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Nice mate very helpful

Leonriley2011

Back to top Go down

Post by shabadingdong Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:56 am

The only problem im having is i taylor a perfect army for a base and when its done even though i called out that base its already been taken. Its happened to me in the past 2 wars and the result was me fighting way higher than my comfort zone and either failing or barely pulling off one star.

shabadingdong

Back to top Go down

Post by boet Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:02 pm

If that happens (for anyone) we would rather you see attack someone a little on the easy side so you can guarantee three star them, instead of attackings a war base that is too difficult and risk getting zero stars
boet
boet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by boet Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Bump...added content
boet
boet
Admin